Filed under Uncategorized

Kickstarter Of The Week: Vortx, The 4D Environmental Stimulator Transports Viewer Into The Game

People can feel like they are in the game or movie with the Vortx blowing hot or cold air onto the user.

Photo Courtesy Of Kickstarter

Photo Courtesy Of Kickstarter

A Kickstarter product called the Vortx allows the user to physically experience on-screen effects, such as wind, ice, and fire while playing video games. It is a 4D environmental stimulator, and it lets you feel like you are in the game, rather than just playing it.

The Vortx team includes Tim Sun, Founder and CEO, Matt Gilg, Head of Software, Uche Omegara, Head of Hardware, Maria Shamuel, Lead Electrical Engineer, and Darren Yuen, Head of Growth/Marketing. They currently have a pledged total of $24,582 of their $60,00 goal with 39 days to go, according to kickstarter.com.

According to the creators, the Vortx recognizes and responds to on-screen elements in real-time. It changes the airflow and temperature, just like you were in the game.

All you have to do to use the Vortx, is plug it into your existing PC setup. This was created specifically for gamers, while it was built by gamers.

“…one key element that makes a huge difference in quality of worklife is finding an environment that fits you and not the other way around,” Darren Yuen, the head of growth and marketing stated in an interview with The Matador Messenger.

The 4D simulator analyzes what is happening on screen, and brings it to life through temperature. According to Kickstarter, “It puts you in the center of the action so you feel like you are in the game.”

The CEO of the Vortx has said he believes that computer vision and recognition is going to be the future. “We are still finding applications of this technology, and it is the future,” Tim Sun, CEO explained in an interview with the Matador Messenger.

According to the Vortex Kickstarter account, individuals can earn Vortex products when they pledge the following amounts:

• Pledge $1 or more, you get a Roast Pack

• Pledge $25 or more, you get a Faux Mini Survival Pack

• Pledge $99 or more, you get the super early bird special

• Pledge $109 or more, you get the early bird special

• Pledge $120 or more, you get the Kickstarter special

• Pledge $198 or more, you get the super earlybird dual special

• Pledge $218 or more, you get the dual vortx surround special

• Pledge $549 or more, you get the Multi-user special

• Pledge $999 or more, you get the distributor pack

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Kickstarter Of The Week: Vortx, The 4D Environmental Stimulator Transports Viewer Into The Game”

1. Owen on December 3rd, 2017 3:08 pm

great article i liked it a lot 😉

[Reply]

2. Owen on December 3rd, 2017 3:16 pm

Very well descriptive and it was very entertaining.

[Reply]

3. Kacper Krupa on February 5th, 2018 7:16 pm

I enjoyed your article and would like to know more about Vortx.

[Reply]

4. Alexia Egdahl on February 6th, 2018 9:23 am

I don’t play video games, but this seems like a really cool object/ simulator to play with!

[Reply]

5. Tim Wang on February 6th, 2018 7:49 pm

I was surprised to learn that it responds to what it going on in the game.

[Reply]

*

• Kickstarter Of The Week: Vortx, The 4D Environmental Stimulator Transports Viewer Into The Game

Uncategorized

Michael Snyder

Uncategorized

Independent Study P.E Student Profile: Savanah Cicero

Uncategorized

Historical Barbies Now Being Made

Uncategorized

Dylan Younes

Uncategorized

These 10 Foods Can Help Fight the Flu

Uncategorized

Lassa Fever: the Killer with No Vaccine

Uncategorized

Kickstarter of the Week: Papier Machine, The First Interactive Electronic Paper Toy

Uncategorized

Kickstarter Of The Week: KAMI-OTO, The DIY Cardboard Musical Keyboard Kit

Uncategorized

Top 5 Most Common Food Allergies

Uncategorized

Cheap But Chic: St. Patrick’s Day Hot Spots for Both Kids and Adults