Filed under Sports

Cal State Fullerton Re-entered The NCAA For The Second Time in School History

Photo Courtesy By losangeles.cbslocal.com

Cal State Fullerton for the 2nd time will play in the men’s NCAA in school history, on March 11, 2018, according to ocregister.com.

The first time Cal State Fullerton was in a NCAA tournament was 10 years ago in 2008 in which they lost to Wisconsin 71-56, in the first round.  Cal State Fullerton beat UC Irvine 71-55 to enter the 2018 NCAA tournament. The Cal State Fullerton were assigned to the East Region as a 15 seed and faced 2 seed Purdue, explained ESPN.com.

“They picked the right time to play their best game,” Fullerton coach Dedrique Taylor. “They were completely unselfish. It’s a sense of validation and accomplishment, for the coaches, the kids, the administration and anyone else in the program,”according to Fullerton coach Dedrique Taylor, according to news.fullerton.edu.

Cal State Fullerton lost to Purdue 74-48. Purdue out scored Cal State Fullerton in both halves. Purdue’s victory put an end to Cal State Fullerton’s season. Next season, Cal State Fullerton hopes to enter the NCAA tournament in hopes to get further than the first round, NCAA.com.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Cal State Fullerton Re-entered The NCAA For The Second Time in School History”

1. Aidan Amaya on March 22nd, 2018 6:23 pm

After I read your article I learned that Cal State Fullerton for the 2nd time will play in the men’s NCAA in school history.

[Reply]

2. Aidan Amaya on March 22nd, 2018 6:28 pm

After reading your article I learned that Cal State Fullerton for the 2nd time will play in the men’s NCAA in school history.

[Reply]

*

• Cal State Fullerton Re-entered The NCAA For The Second Time in School History

News

Trae Young Enters The 2018 Draft After Only One Season of College Basketball

Sports

Angel’s Shohei Ohtani Next Best MLB Pitcher

Sports

Russell Westbrook, NBA point guard for the Oklahoma City Thunder, Recorded 100 Career Triple Doubles on March 12, 2018

Sports

Russell Wilson Joined Yankees

News

Arizona University Scandal

Sports

Neymar May Miss up to Three Months After Foot Surgery

Sports

UEFA Champions; Round of 16 Leg One

Sports

Aly Raisman To Sue US Olympic Committee And USA Gymnastics

News

Ronda Rousey Signs With Wrestling Promotion

Sports

Four New Events Make Their Debut at the Winter Olympics in South Korea