Filed under Sports

Cal State Fullerton Re-entered The NCAA For The Second Time in School History

Photo Courtesy By losangeles.cbslocal.com

Cal State Fullerton for the 2nd time will play in the men’s NCAA in school history, on March 11, 2018, according to ocregister.com.

The first time Cal State Fullerton was in a NCAA tournament was 10 years ago in 2008 in which they lost to Wisconsin 71-56, in the first round.  Cal State Fullerton beat UC Irvine 71-55 to enter the 2018 NCAA tournament. The Cal State Fullerton were assigned to the East Region as a 15 seed and faced 2 seed Purdue, explained ESPN.com.

“They picked the right time to play their best game,” Fullerton coach Dedrique Taylor. “They were completely unselfish. It’s a sense of validation and accomplishment, for the coaches, the kids, the administration and anyone else in the program,”according to Fullerton coach Dedrique Taylor, according to news.fullerton.edu.

Cal State Fullerton lost to Purdue 74-48. Purdue out scored Cal State Fullerton in both halves. Purdue’s victory put an end to Cal State Fullerton’s season. Next season, Cal State Fullerton hopes to enter the NCAA tournament in hopes to get further than the first round, NCAA.com.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Cal State Fullerton Re-entered The NCAA For The Second Time in School History”

1. Aidan Amaya on March 22nd, 2018 6:23 pm

After I read your article I learned that Cal State Fullerton for the 2nd time will play in the men’s NCAA in school history.

[Reply]

2. Aidan Amaya on March 22nd, 2018 6:28 pm

After reading your article I learned that Cal State Fullerton for the 2nd time will play in the men’s NCAA in school history.

[Reply]

*

• Cal State Fullerton Re-entered The NCAA For The Second Time in School History

Sports

New NHL Extension Team Plays for Stanley Cup

Sports

13 Year Old Kokomo Murase Wins Gold Medal at Women’s X Game “Big Air” Event.

Sports

EHS and YLHS offer Summer Sports Camps for Incoming Freshmen

Sports

Top 5 Snowboarders of 2018

Sports

World Strongest Man of 2018

Sports

85-Year Old Woman Completes Boston Marathon

Sports

Ditch the Protein Bar and the Power Shake and Grab a Banana and Chocolate Milk Instead

Sports

Vanderbilt Wins Second Straight National Women’s Bowling Title

Sports

Japanese Wrestler Asua Loses 244 Win-streak

News

Trae Young Enters The 2018 Draft After Only One Season of College Basketball