Filed under Sports

Five Teams That Could Sign Lebron James In The Offseason

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo Courtesy of The New York Times

Photo Courtesy of The New York Times

Photo Courtesy of The New York Times

Lebron James, 3-time NBA champion, 3-time finals MVP, 4-time MVP, and considered to be one of the best players of all time, is going into free agency in the summer of 2018. Recently, Lebron James has said that he does not want to re-sign with his current team the Cleveland Cavaliers, ESPN.com. These are the top five NBA teams that could sign Lebron James in free agency.

Philadelphia 76ers

The 76ers have no players signed to a max contract so they have plenty of money to sign Lebron even if it’s not a max contract. 76ers also have a young duo which have already competed in the Eastern conference. If you throw Lebron in the mix you have a dominant veteran who scores a lot with a young duo that are pass first players, chatsports.com.

Cleveland Cavaliers

Even though the chances of Lebron resigning with Cleveland are slim they are still possible. As we’ve seen in the past Cleveland is more than capable of building a championship caliber team around Lebron. Since Lebron is considering leaving Cleveland, Cleveland needs to target trades before the deadline to make sure that Lebron stays in Cleveland, chatsports.com.

Houston Rockets

Last offseason Houston tried to go after two key players in the offseason, former Clippers point guard Chris Paul and Lebron James. Houston acquired Paul, but could not make a deal with Cleveland for Lebron. Houston is probably the best team to deal with star players. They have young talent in Zhou Qi, Troy Williams, and RJ Hunter mixed with veteran in Nene’,  Gerald Green, and Trevor Ariza to attempt to trade for stars like Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade. Since Houston has been targeting all stars lately, it is extremely possible that Lebron  to sign with Houston, chatsports.com.

Golden State Warriors

Lebron’s manager recently said that if Golden State has a free agency pitch for Lebron then he will definitely consider Golden State. If Golden State can acquire an allstar like Kevin Durant then targeting Lebron could go the same way as Durant. The only problem for Golden State is how Lebron and Durant are  going to coexiste on the court as being two of the best ball dominant players in the NBA, chatsports.com.

Los Angeles Lakers

Los Angeles has enough cap space in there roster to sign three max contract players. With strong guards in Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma mixed with a strong forward in Brandon Ingram could make a deadly offense against teams like Golden State, San Antonio, and Houston. On top of all this, Lonzo Ball is a pass first player who is averaging 7.5 assists and will mostly pass to a ball dominant player like Lebron James who knows how to create space and shoot, chatsports.com.        

1 Comment

One Response to “Five Teams That Could Sign Lebron James In The Offseason”

1. Michael Fernandez on February 14th, 2018 10:16 am

Good article man, In My opinion it would be foolish for lebron to sign with the warriors as like Mr.Durant did in the 2016 offseaoson. That was just a weak move for Kevin Durant because instead of hustling it out with OKC and trying to beat he warriors, he joined them…. And to many people that is a lame and inadequate move for him. As for Lebron, I feel people who say he will join the warriors are speeking in complete nonsense. Besides that, if the cavaliers win a championship this year… i believe he will resign with the cavaliers. though, if it goes south for cleveland in June, I can consider lebron signing with the Rockets or the Los Angeles Lakers. I Think he will sign with the rockets because as we all know Lebron is great friends with Chris Paul and has always wanted to play with Him. Why I believe he will sign with the Lakers is because the attraction of Magic johnson as POBA (President of BBall OPP.) will attract big Max contract stars such as PG13 or Mr.James. Also, it makes me believe that lebron will sign with the lakers because of the new lakers rookies such as Lonzo ball and Kyle Kuzma.

*

• Five Teams That Could Sign Lebron James In The Offseason

Sports

Oklahoma City Thunder Celebrate Ten Years As a Franchise

Sports

LeBron James Leaves the Cavaliers for the Lakers

Sports

New NHL Extension Team Plays for Stanley Cup

Sports

13 Year Old Kokomo Murase Wins Gold Medal at Women’s X Game “Big Air” Event.

Sports

EHS and YLHS offer Summer Sports Camps for Incoming Freshmen

Features

Girl Born with No Hands Wins National Handwriting Contest for the Second Time

Sports

Top 5 Snowboarders of 2018

Sports

World Strongest Man of 2018

Sports

85-Year Old Woman Completes Boston Marathon

Sports

Ditch the Protein Bar and the Power Shake and Grab a Banana and Chocolate Milk Instead