Filed under Sports

Alabama Crimson Tide Defeats Georgia Bulldogs In NCAA Football National Championship

Photo Courtesy Of altoday.com

Alabama Crimson Tide defeated Georgia Bulldogs 26-23 in overtime at the Georgia Dome on Monday January 8, 2018 for the longest active championship in NCAA history, the National Football Championship.

Alabama’s quarterback, Tua Tagovailoa, threw the football 41 yards to Devonte Smith who scored the winning touchdown.

In the Rose Bowl game, Georgia Bulldogs defeated Oklahoma Sooners 54-48 in double overtime on Monday January 1, 2018. Georgia would have a chance to end there 36 year championship drought, according to ESPN.

In the Sugar Bowl game, Alabama Crimson Tide defeated Clemson Tigers 24-6 on Monday January 1, 2018. Alabama’s coach Nick Saban would have a chance to tie Bear Bryant for most NCAA football championships at 6 titles, according to NCAA.

National Championship was set Georgia vs Alabama. Georgia’s head coach, Kirby Smart, former defensive coordinator for Alabama’s current head coach Nick Saban, vs one of the greatest college football coaches of all-time, according to ESPN.

At the end of the First Quarter, both teams were held to a score of 0. In the second quarter, Georgia awoke. At the end of the second quarter, Alabama was still held to a score of 0. Alabama was also held under 100 yards in passing and rushing. The score at halftime was 13-0 Georgia. At the end of the Third Quarter, people were certain that Georgia was going to win the game and end their championship drought because Alabama put there backup quarterback for the first time of the season. The Third quarter score was 20-10 Georgia. With 4 seconds left of the fourth quarter, Alabama tied Georgia 20-20 and was set to kick a field goal to win the game. Alabama missed the kick and the game went into overtime, according to Bleacher Report.

Georgia started off with the ball, but was unable to score a touchdown. Instead Georgia kicked a field goal. In order to win the game Alabama needed a touchdown. In the first play Alabama was sacked 15 yards. Next play, Alabama’s quarterback, Tua Tagovailoa threw the football 41 yards to Devonte Smith who scored the winning touchdown. The final score was 26-23 Alabama. Nick Saban had finally tied Bear Bryant for national championship wins, according to ESPN.