Filed under Sports

TStreet Volleyball Team Player, Elyse Stowell: “We encourage each other to be better people and players”

Courtesy+of+Tstreet+Volleyball.+
Courtesy of Tstreet Volleyball.

Courtesy of Tstreet Volleyball.

Courtesy of Tstreet Volleyball.

“Some of our club’s accomplishments include being ranked the #1 club in California and in the top ten nationwide for the last several years,” stated Carson Tanner, volleyball coach for Tstreet Volleyball, in an interview with the Matador Messenger.

Tstreet Volleyball, located in Irvine, is a club organization with 25 teams for girls that can play volleyball at a higher level to be able to play in States and Nationals.

“We’ve helped hundreds of players earn college scholarships and many play in some of the top Division I programs including Stanford, Washington, USC, Pepperdine just to name a few.  We currently have 4 teams ranked in the top 10 nationwide,” stated Tanner.

Colleges have already been looking at the players to recruit them. At this time, 14 girls for college in 2017 and  14 for 2018 have been accepted into different colleges.

“Our goal is the be the strongest club in the nation and win every tournament we enter, but we place a higher value on treating kids well and empowering all our athletes,” stated Coach Tanner. “We work really hard to create a healthy, competitive environment where kids learn the best volleyball techniques, how to be good competitors, be great teammates, and mature into confident young adults.”

“I think a big thing that I got me here today was listening to my coach. Of course, the frequent practice of an individual skill and technique and both defense and offense but without taking advice from my coach got me where I am today. I may not always agree with their suggestions but I know they know what is best for me and what will get me to a better player and person I can be,” stated Elyse Stowell, Tstreet volleyball player and BYMS eighth grader,  in an interview with the Matador Messenger.

“My team is special to me due to how close we are, on and off the court. We’re all good friends and are always there for each other. In big/important games when someone makes a mistake we don’t blame each other. We encourage each other to be better people and players,” stated Stowell.

Elyse’s team has been very competitive, winning a number of tournaments in a number of standings.

“Recently, we won JVA a tournament in Long Beach where all top teams go from around the country and compete. We also won last mandatory which places us in So Cal. So we are currently ranked #1 in So Cal and this might score our spot as #1 in the nation. We leave in three weeks for nationals in Minneapolis in the top division for division 14’s if we win this we will be the 14u national champs, ” stated Stowell.

“Elyse’s team (14-1) has had a great season so far this year, we won the gold medal in the SCVA National Qualifier, silver medal in the Windy City National Qualifier, and the gold medal in the JVA West Coast Cup Tournament. In the final of the JVA tournament we beat the #1 ranked team in the country (TAV) in three sets. 14-1s are ranked #1 in California and #2 in the country heading into Junior Nationals,” stated Coach Tanner.

1 Comment

One Response to “TStreet Volleyball Team Player, Elyse Stowell: “We encourage each other to be better people and players””

1. Griffin Miller on September 8th, 2017 2:22 pm

Great Info! I’m happy that they’re #1 in California.

[Reply]

*

• TStreet Volleyball Team Player, Elyse Stowell: “We encourage each other to be better people and players”

Sports

Student Profile: Martin Mazev Hits the Tennis Courts and Rises in the Ranks

Sports

NFL Players Taking A Knee

Sports

Basketball Player Could Lose His College Eligibility Over Signature Sneaker

Sports

NFL Kicked Off New Season With The Chiefs Vs. The Patriots

Sports

Coach Dietrich Sets Ambitious Goals for Brea Fire

Sports

Esperanza High School’s Men’s Basketball Wins State Finals

Sports

Angels’ Mike Trout Out for 6-8 Weeks Due to Thumb Injury

Sports

Predators and Penguins Advance to Stanley Cup Final

Sports

Lonzo Ball Becomes a Triple Threat

Sports

Ducks, Predators, Penguins, and Senators Advance to NHL Conference Finals