Filed under Showcase

Miss White, Summer Enrichment Principal: “Programs offer solid instruction taught by great teachers.”

White is "Supercalifragilisticexpialidociaous" according to one student.

Photo Courtesy of PYLUSD

Photo Courtesy of PYLUSD

“I think that the benefits of having students enrolled in the PYLUSD Summer Enrichment Program include the solid instruction that is taught by some our district’s greatest teachers, the variety of classes that are offered, that fact that students get to CHOOSE their courses. Families have a safe and educational environment to send their children during summer!” stated Lisa White, PYLUSD 2018 Summer Enrichment Principal in an interview with the Matador Messenger.

During the traditional school year, White is an assistant principal at Travis Ranch Middle School in Yorba Linda. Previously she taught for seven years as a math teacher at Valadez Middle School in Placentia.

White who is sharing the principal position during the summer with Scott Mazurier, Esperanza High School Assistant Principal, shared her most memorable moments of the program so far.

“Highlights for me have been walking classrooms and seeing the amazing lessons/activities taking place,” explained White.  “I have loved greeting students each morning at the front gate and visiting with students at recess. Finally, I have really enjoyed our theme days and handing out treats to students!”

White’s enthusiasm is shared by the students she has met this summer. Brian, age 11, stated, “She is a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious principal and she does very well at her job.”

Another student, Shiven, age 11, she comes across really nice. She’s funny, and does a good job keeping the school under-control.”

JP, age 11, added, “Miss White is  very protective of the students and she is great at what she does.” The

In Miss White’s free time, she likes being with her family and a number of activities. “I love to run, bike, and bake for my family.” During the summer, White finds time to  catch up on reading suspense novels, specifically. In addition, Miss White loves spending time with her dog and family, barbecuing, and playing cards.

When asked to choose her favorite quote, White recalled a statement from Benjamin Franklin, also a life long learner and innovator, “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”