Filed under Showcase

Fortnite Introduces New Season

The Epic game has over 140 million downloads.

From World Cup soccer players celebrating by dancing the “Take the L” to millions of people watching live streams on their mobile devices, Fornite, a free game on IOS, Xbox, PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch, created by Epic Games now has over 140 million downloads on all platforms (pcgamesn.com).  

With  four “seasons,” or 75 days of battle passes, to date, Epic has now released season five, and many people are thrilled. Every Fortnite player has one goal: getting a Victory Royale (WIN). In order to get one, you must be the last man standing. A hundred players start off in the beginning with the objective of killing their opponents, getting better weapons, and being the last man standing.

Fortnite also has some interesting marketing strategies.  In the item shop, you can buy V-bucks, which stands for Vindertech Bucks.

The prices are listed in categories of $10, $25, $60, and $100 . Although Fortnite is free to play, they sell skins, pickaxes, gliders, and dances to give their players cooler looks while playing. Although all items are cosmetic only, they are still a good purchase. Additionally, Fortnite has a free pass and a battle pass every season, according to epicgames.com. The free pass only gives you a few emotes, but if you buy the battle pass ($10), you get better skins, emotes, gliders, and so much more!                               

Fortnitetracker.com stated that a player named Ninja is “the greatest Fortnite player of all time.” He would have 3,354 wins and 67,276 kills, in which those numbers increase in every game. Right behind  Ninja is Faze Tfue, and behind them are a couple of the TSM members like Myth, Daequan, Hamlinz, and dakotaz. TSM is a gaming group that sponsors twitch streams on twitch.

When you enter a match of Battle Royale, players can find loot llamas in in the middle of nowhere, as well as cheats in houses, stores, and on the ground.

Last but not least, Fortnite is well-accepted by many because there is not as much violence as other games and instead promotes creativity through building. 

In fact, Polygon.com explained, “One of the things that separates Fortnite from other battle royal games such as PUBG, is that you have the ability to build. Many parents worldwide approve of Fortnite because there is a complete absence of gore or even blood. “A parent can see the parental controls that are built into the game, swear words, for example aren’t going to pop up,” stated Charlie Brown, a life and technology writer who was featured on the Today Show. 

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Fortnite Introduces New Season”

1. Shani on July 19th, 2018 3:55 pm

Interesting article!

2. Steven N. Murray on July 19th, 2018 5:12 pm

This is an excellent description of what is a growingly popular on-line game. The writers are truly masterful in their reporting. I wonder if they can play as well as they can write.

*

Fortnite Introduces New Season