Six Flags’ Great Adventure Becomes the World’s First Solar-Powered Theme Park

Photo Courtesy of solarpowerworldonline.com

Everyone wants to do something to contribute to keeping the world healthy, especially when you can do so in a fun and exciting way that would attract many people. Many people can take this into different directions and create unexplainable inventions that will satisfy our planet. Six Flags’ Great Adventure in News Jersey will become the world’s first solar-powered theme park, reported businesswire.com.

“This is a proud day for our company. This project represents a giant step toward becoming a net-zero carbon facility,” said Six Flags Great Adventure Park President John Winkler. “We are pleased that we were able to come to a satisfactory agreement with all parties involved. Clean energy is right for the environment and our future, and we look forward to decades of environmental stewardship with our partner, KDC Solar,” reported businesswire.com.

It was huge when Texas-headquartered Six Flags unveiled plans to build the enormous solar farm on park-owned land in 2015, according to MNN.com. The company’s mission to power the park with clean energy was heralded as a smart move within the renewables-lite theme park industry. At 92 acres, the solar farm would have been the largest in the Garden State, reported mnn.com.

As this may seem like it would be a successful plan, the lawsuits started to roll in. To construct the 23-megawatt solar power plant, Six Flags and project developer KDC Solar would have to clear out over 18,000 trees within non-protected land, stated MNN.com. If they want to be successful with this project, they will have to cut down thousands of trees.

The problem is that Six Flags Great Adventure is attempting to do a good deed, but in an inefficient and dangerous way. If they don’t correct the problem regarding the thousands of trees that will need to be cut down, the plan will result in more flooding and pollution in Jackson, and damaging headwater streams of the Toms and Delaware Rivers and the Barnegat Bay, explained a reporter at cleanwateraction.org.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Six Flags’ Great Adventure Becomes the World’s First Solar-Powered Theme Park”

1. Lian duan on February 23rd, 2018 9:10 am

I think we will be able to develop the Six Flags in the future to be better and more beautiful. I also hope that Six flags will have many fun and delicious things in the future I Hope I can make the root of the tree if it is not done well, then more people will lose their lives.

[Reply]

2. Britton Moore on March 22nd, 2018 8:15 pm

This is sooooo cool!!!

[Reply]

*

• Six Flags’ Great Adventure Becomes the World’s First Solar-Powered Theme Park

Science and Technology

Small Asteroid Flies Over South Africa Just Hours After Being Detected

Science and Technology

A Record Breaking Storm Hits the Southern Ocean

Science and Technology

Lanternflies, New “Unicorn” of the wild

Science and Technology

Apple Unveils New iOS 12 Features At Worldwide Developers Conference Conference

Science and Technology

Over 100 Species Found In Bermuda Ocean Zone

Breaking News

Two Earthquakes Strike in Guam

Science and Technology

Potential Ninth in Solar System Discovered

Science and Technology

Elon’s Musk L.A Tunnel Is Almost Finished and He’s Offering Free Rides

Science and Technology

Saturn’s Moons May Possess Conditions to Support Life

Science and Technology

Your Sunscreen May Be Damaging the Coral Reef