Filed under News, Sports

Trae Young Enters The 2018 Draft After Only One Season of College Basketball

Photo Courtesy of sbnation.com

Photo Courtesy of sbnation.com

Oklahoma Sooners’ star point guard,Trae Young, told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski that he will be entering in the 2018 NBA draft after only one season of college basketball.

“The double-teams and triple-teams that swarmed me at Oklahoma forced me to become tougher, smarter, and more determined as a player and person”, said Trae Young, according to espn.com.

The news hardly comes as a surprise after Young dominated during his freshman season in Norman, Oklahoma, leading men’s Division I basketball in both points (27.4) and assists (8.7) per game. That didn’t translate to much success in the NCAA tournament, however, as Rhode Island defeated Oklahoma in an opening-round overtime thriller, stated bleacherreport.com.

“Coach Lon Kruger and his staff started to recruit me as a ninth-grader at Norman North High School, and I trusted him from the beginning. As much as anything, Coach Kruger taught me about poise, about handling pressure and difficult circumstances with calm and clear-mindedness”, stated Trae Young to espn.com.

“My teammates at OU were incredible. Sometimes, they absorbed criticism that was beyond unfair. The double- and triple-teams that swarmed me at Oklahoma forced me to become tougher, smarter and more determined as a player and person,” said Trae Young, according to espn.com.

“He’s a special player,” Dan Hurley, Rhode Island’s coach said, per Scott Gleeson of USA Today. “One of the best players I’ve ever coached against,” he added, according to bleacherreport.com.

“In the end, I have to make the decision that I believe is best for me, but it doesn’t mean I do so without a heavy heart,” said Trae Young, according to espn.com.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Trae Young Enters The 2018 Draft After Only One Season of College Basketball”

1. Jonathan Misa on May 18th, 2018 2:58 pm

I enjoyed reading this because I just like hearing about Trae Young because I watched him since he was in high school

2. Cadence Richmond on June 2nd, 2018 11:48 am

Trae Young wasn’t in the NBA 2018 draft. He probably is going to be in the 2019 draft because he has only had 1 year of College Basketball for Oklahoma

*

• Trae Young Enters The 2018 Draft After Only One Season of College Basketball

News

Bitcoin: Evil Cryptocurrency or Force for Good?

• News

Miniature Pony Survives Japanese Flood Stranded on Roof

News

Michael Ketterer Receives Golden Buzzer on America’s Got Talent

News

Australia Builds the World’s Biggest Cat-Proof Fence

News

Chile Becomes the First Country In the Americas To Ban Plastic Bags

News

Dozens of Guatemalans Die as Fuego Volcano Erupts

News

Shipwreck Laden with Billions in Treasure Discovered off Coast of Colombia

Breaking News

Gina Haspel Confirmed as First Female CIA Director

News

Missouri Governor Eric Greitens Resigns, Amid Scandal

News

The U.S. Supreme Court Strikes Down a Federal Law Prohibiting Sports Gambling