Filed under News

Vladimir Putin wins Re-election in Russia

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo Courtesy By Mikhail Klimentyev

Photo Courtesy By Mikhail Klimentyev

Photo Courtesy By Mikhail Klimentyev

President of Russia Vladimir Putin cruised to victory in the Russian Presidential election on March 11, 2017. Gaining 76.7% of the vote, there wasn’t much competition played throughout the election, as Putin claims his third term as leader of Russia, according to independent.ie

In the weeks leading up to Putin’s reelection to six more years as President of Russia, he hardly campaigned, offering few concrete plans for major domestic forums. As analysts show the infighting over the country’s domestic course, Putin has interest in intensifying the conflict with the West. The government is currently assembling under Putin’s control, according to post-gazette.com

Putin’s reelection gained congratulations from world leaders from countries such as the following – United States, China, France, Germany, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Iran, Japan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Saudi Arabia, Bolivia, Cuba, and Venezuela. Putin’s list of congratulations gave way to a window showing the geopolitical state of play in Europe and around the world, according to axios.com

President of the People’s Republic of China, fellow strongman Xi Jinping, was quick to congratulate Putin of his victory, messaging the Russian President,By as according to  Xinhua News Agency, “Currently, the China-Russia comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership is at the best level in history, which sets an example for building a new type of international relations featuring mutual respect, fairness and justice, cooperation and all-win results, and a community with a shared future for mankind,” according to weeklystandard.