Filed under News

Disneyland Changing Paradise Pier Forever

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo Courtesy of disneyland.disney.go.com

Paradise Pier will be introducing Incredicoaster as part of its remake, which will now be known as Pixar Pier, said disneylandnews.com on January 8, 2017.

The new areas will feature four different neighborhoods as well as entertainment, food that relates to the theme of the neighborhood, as well as beverages and merchandise, which allows guests to experience Pixar stories and characters in different ways, reported KCRA.com.

One of these neighborhoods revolves around The Incredibles and will include a thrill ride which will take guests from a mid-century, modern-style loading area and into distinctive vehicles with new looks, Disney Officials said, reported nhregister.com.

Two other neighborhoods include those inspired by the popular movies, Toy Story and Inside Out. The third one will feature a collection of popular Pixar stories, such as “A Bug’s life,” “La Luna,” and “WALL-E.”

This change isn’t the first major change to come to the park in the last year. In January of 2017, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a popular ride among many visitors which consists of many drops, reopened in May as the “Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT!,” which greatly surprised the fans, according to KCRA.com.

However, not only California Screamin’ will be taken down. Disney is also planning on transforming Mickey’s Fun Wheel, the park’s Ferris wheel, into images of Pixar Characters. Other attractions being closed include boardwalk games, Ariel’s Grotto restaurant, and the Cove Bar, reported sacbee.com.

The pier will not be finished until next summer, but will debut for a limited time during the upcoming Pixar Fest in April, stated sacbee.com.

Disney is also releasing a new fireworks show, “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” which will begin on April 13, as well as the return of “Pixar Play Parade,” which is being showcased for the first time at Disneyland, according to kcra.com.

1 Comment

One Response to “Disneyland Changing Paradise Pier Forever”

1. Matt on February 6th, 2018 2:41 pm

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS. I love this article. Everything was perfect. Now not a lot of people know this, (and by that I mean almost everyone knows this) but I LOVE PIXAR! Reading this article makes me so happy and excited for summer break. It’s gonna rock!
    Thank You For The Great News.
    -Matt Lucey

5 stars *****

*