Filed under News

Void Discovered in Egyptian Pyramid

Scientists Discover Hidden Space in Egyptian Pyramid

Photo Courtesy of newatlas.com

Photo Courtesy of newatlas.com

Scientists have discovered a 30-meter long space hidden within the limestone and granite walls of the pyramid, reported CNN. With this discovery, researchers are hoping to find out more information about how pyramids were developed and built.

Over 4,000 years ago, the Ancient Egypt pyramids were built. These pyramids were occupied by those who had passed away and to prepare those people for the afterlife, such as the people from Ancient Egypt. However, scientists may have discovered a void inside the Great Pyramid of Giza.

While international research had been monitoring the cosmic rays on Egypt’s Great Pyramid, they discovered a large void hidden within the 4,500-year-old stone structure, according to CNN.com.

Using infrared thermal scanning and other techniques, an international team of investigators first identified major abnormalities in the pyramids in late 2015 at several of Egypt’s most famous pyramids, including the Great Pyramid of Giza, reported MNN.

Scientists have discovered a 30-meter long space hidden within its limestone and granite walls, stated CNN. With this discovery, researchers are hoping to find out more information about how pyramids were built.

The Great Pyramids contains three previously discovered rooms. These rooms are the King’s chamber, a smaller chamber for the queen, and a passageway known as the Grand Gallery. However, this is the first major discovery of major space inside the pyramid since the 19th century, according to CNN.

Scientists had used a system of rays which mostly consisted of hydrogen nuclei which end up splitting into many smaller particles when they hit the sky, according to washingtonpost.com. Negatively charged particles called “muons” wink into existence and out again within millionths of a second, shooting downward at the speed of light. However, these muons are hard to detect.

“The Ministry of Antiquities is waiting to the scientific responses on the findings from Egyptologists and specialists in this field especially the international scientific committee as well as organizing a scientific forum to present, review, and discuss the project’s find,” stated Zahi Hawass an Egyptian Archaeologist, as reported by  Newsweek.com.

“More research and studies are required in an attempt to know the secrets of this unique great monument,” stated Hawass, as reported by Newsweek.com.