The Matador Messenger

Filed under News

Colorado Toddler Survives Emergency Surgery after Swallowing 28 Buckyballs

Back to Article
Back to Article

Colorado Toddler Survives Emergency Surgery after Swallowing 28 Buckyballs

Photo Courtesy of The Sun

Photo Courtesy of The Sun

Photo Courtesy of The Sun

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






 Ella McBrien, a two year old toddler from Colorado, survived emergency surgery after  swallowing 28 small high-powered magnets known as “Buckyballs” while her father, Kyle McBrien, stepped away to use the bathroom in their home, according to  FOX31.

     After a number of hours at the hospital, the Buckyballs were successfully removed by surgeons.Within a few hours after the procedure, the toddler was moving around normally added the source.

 Ella McBrien’s parents, Elizabeth McBrien and Kyle McBrien, told FOX31 Denver on Sunday, September 19, “The girl likes to put things in her mouth.”

Buckyballs which were created for educational purposes only, were recalled by many stores in 2013 after several cases of children swallowing them were reported, according to DAILYMAIL.

“It was terrifying,”  Ella’s mother, Elizabeth McBrien, said after her daughter finished surgery.

 “I was losing it. He (Kyle Mcbrien) luckily kept it together.” Ella’s mother,

Elizabeth McBrien, said according to LIVESCIENCE..

Kyle McBrien said he’s telling others of his daughter’s health scare to warn other parents about the dangerous items according to Fox News.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
10 Comments

10 Responses to “Colorado Toddler Survives Emergency Surgery after Swallowing 28 Buckyballs”

  1. Brandon Mamaril on October 23rd, 2017 12:16 pm

    Scary, but good job though

  2. Vanessa on October 24th, 2017 5:58 pm

    After reading your article, I would like to know more about how many hours it took to remove the buckyballs.

  3. Nessa Sanchez on October 25th, 2017 5:30 pm

    I’m very glad she survived the surgery and glad she was back to normal hours after the surgery.

  4. Madi Ybarra on October 25th, 2017 8:58 pm

    This was really interesting. I loved reading it!

  5. alexis toner on October 26th, 2017 2:17 pm

    This was a great passage to read.

  6. alexis toner on October 26th, 2017 2:18 pm

    this was a very informative passage.

  7. Alexandra Herrada on October 26th, 2017 8:35 pm

    I liked that your article gave awareness to people about items that are hazardous around children.

  8. Tim Wang on October 27th, 2017 10:13 am

    I was surprised to learn how dangerous buckyballs can be.

  9. Lisa on October 27th, 2017 11:11 am

    After reading your article I learned not to swallow buckyballs because I might die.

  10. Bella Jones on January 8th, 2018 12:57 pm

    lol yep

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




*

Navigate Left
Navigate Right
The student news site of Bernardo Yorba Middle School
Colorado Toddler Survives Emergency Surgery after Swallowing 28 Buckyballs