Esperanza Newspaper Going Digital

Esperanza High School’s newspaper the Aztlan has gone digital after 44 years using Word Press based School Newspaper Online (SNO).

Esperanza joins Yorba Linda High School, Bernardo Yorba Middle School, Kraemer Middle School, and Woodsboro Elementary who all have SNO online newspaper.

The Aztlan staff consists of 22 members with Aaron Jankowski as the Editor in Chief, Four of Esperanza staff is the Matador Messenger alumni, Ashlyn Fuentes, Sophia Bouyakzan, Ally Dahncke, and Delanney Durham.

“The Aztlan has actually been running since the opening of EHS. We are hoping to publish our first printed paper in the spring. The Aztlan staff is looking forward to having both online and printed issues, so that their voices can be heard through various mediums,” stated Mrs. Callaghan, advisor of the Aztlan Newspaper.

“My favorite part about being in newspaper is being able to witness the growth of newspaper. Watching the program grow before my eyes is something that has given me pride and I hope that the process is continued after I am gone,” stated Jankowski.

Some of the recent articles include the “Contest: Cartoon Caption, Love or Hate for Exercise Linked to Genes, Rouge One: A Star Wars Preview, Jackie Movie Review, and Reform is Necessary in the Electoral College.”

You can also watch videos about “Christmas Trivia, Artist of the Issue: Valerie Castillo, and Aztec of the Issue: Bruce Aguilar.”

“I am excited to share all of our hard work with my peers and I hope they enjoy the rebranded Aztlan as much as our staff has enjoyed working on it,” stated Jankowski.

“Advice I have for anybody interested in joining newspaper is to make sure you enjoy what you do. Not all articles will be jam-packed with excitement, but if can find a topic or field that interests you, writing articles and completing assignments becomes much easier,” stated Aaron Jankowski, Editor in Chief for the Aztlan.