“How to Maintain a Healthy Relationship ” Series Introduction

The holiday season can bring gifts and happiness, but it can also bring stress in relationships. The Matador Messenger has reached out to a team of experts to ask for their advice on maintain and create healthy relationships including with your parents, coaches, siblings, law enforcement, grandparents, doctor, teachers, friends, and of course yourself.

Our team of experts for our articles are as follows:

Cynthia Connally Athletic clerk for EsperanzaHigh School, a former athlete, and a mother of two athletes.

Tom CraikEsperanza High School’s crisis counselor who provides guidance for more than 50 kids each year who are considering suicide.

Cesaer Delgado– Cesar has over 25 yrs of working with older adults as a social worker, senior housing expert and senior case manager. Being the youngest of 14 siblings and having his father leave when he was only eight years old, Cesar has learned and continues to learn many valuable life lessons about being a husband, father and leader, from the senior clients he has been blessed to serve and work with.

Susan Gilles Susan Gilles is a Licensed Clinical SocialWorker.  She earned a Master’s in Social Work from University of Southern California and a B.S. in Human Services from California State University, Fullerton.  She has worked with children and their families for the past 20 years within a variety of settings including schools, hospitals, and community outpatient clinics.  Susan’s work focuses on helping families and individuals be more successful in their relationships and to feel good about themselves.  Susan currently has a private therapy practice in Orange, CA.

Mark Sticher– Mark Stitcher has been in law enforcement for 24 years, grew up in Yorba Linda, went to Yorba Linda Middle School, when he graduated from high school at age 18 he went to college for 4 years and has been with the sheriff’s department ever since he graduated. He has met with control, a school resource officer, worked in a jail, and served as the spokesperson for the chair.

Dr. Tzuang– Dr. Tzuang is Stanford Trained, ABPN Double Board Certified Psychiatrist, and Former Associate Dean of Students at Pomona College. While in Stanford, before he practiced in Irvine in 2010, Dr. Tzuang was trained with experts in psychiatry. For more background, his website is cardinalchildpsych.com.

2 Comments

2 Responses to ““How to Maintain a Healthy Relationship ” Series Introduction”

1. dominick barker on January 20th, 2017 12:03 pm

very interesting.

[Reply]

2. Nathan Stevens on February 3rd, 2017 5:39 pm

I am glad to see that Matador Messenger also does articles that are designed to help students as well as ones that are purely fun information.

[Reply]

*