Filed under Breaking News, Features

Fox News Political Analyst/columnist Charles Krauthammer Says He Has weeks to Live

Charles Krauthammer, longtime Fox News commentator announced the return of his cancer, and has just weeks to live. The 68 year old Columnist made the announcement in an open note on Friday, June 8, 2018, according to cbsnews.com

Krauthammer’s letter was a heartbreaking surprise to his colleagues, friends, and viewers. Although Krauthammer’s battle with a malignant tumor in his abdomen was thought to be over last August, the cancer returned. Krauthammer wrote in his letter, “There was no sign of it as recently as a month ago, which means it is aggressive and spreading rapidly. My doctors tell me their best estimate is that I have only a few weeks left to live. This is the final verdict. My fight is over,” according to newsweek.com

Krauthammer has had a history of illness and accidents. In 1975, Krauthammer was involved in a diving accident that left him a quadriplegic. Krauthammer has had a silent cancer throughout ten months until last August, where a  malignant tumor was surgically removed from his abdomen, according to tvline.com

Krauthammer graduated from Harvard University in 1975, and became  chief psychiatry resident at Massachusetts General Hospital, where he studied depression and published groundbreaking findings in top medical journals. In 1978, Krauthammer worked in the Carter Administration directing plans in psychiatric research and serving as a speechwriter for Vice President Walter Mondale. In 1987, Krauthammer won the Pulitzer Prize in Commentary for the Washington Post, according to mercurynews.com

Executive Chairman of Fox News Rupert Murdoch had this to say about Krauthammer, “Charles has been a profound source of personal and intellectual inspiration for all of us at Fox News,” Murdoch adding, “His always principled stand on the most important issues of our time has been a guiding star in an often turbulent world, a world that has too many superficial thinkers vulnerable to the ebb and flow of fashion, and a world that, unfortunately, has only one Charles Krauthammer, his words, his ideas, his dignity and his integrity will resonate within our society and within me for many, many years to come,” according to foxnews.com