Filed under Features

Why Everyone Should Own a Pet Some Time in Their Life

No matter what kind of pet suits you best, everyone should own one at some point in their life. From a small hamster to a great dane, all pet have their perks.

Studies have shown that simply petting a dog can decrease your heart rate and blood pressure, which lowers overall stress, according to Good Net.  To add to this, children who grow up with some kind of pet are at less of a risk of developing allergies and asthma.

Another reason why you should have a pet is because they will love you unconditionally. People might not always be there when you need them, but pets will always be there with a listening ear and open heart.

Studies have shown that companionship with an animal boosts your immune system, improves heart health, reduces physical pain, and improves mental health as well, according to Lifespan.

Additionally, they are great for all ages, so don’t give me that “oh, i’m too old to have a pet” card. Some good pets for children include guinea pigs and gerbils. Pets suitable for middle aged people include cats and dogs. Lastly, some good pets for elderly (seniors) include pugs and beagles.  

Guinea pigs and gerbils are good children’s pets because they don’t require as much as, lets say a dog or cat, but also give a great opportunity to learn responsibility and love.

Dogs and cats are good middle aged pets because a lot of people at this age can afford them, and have time for them.

Finally, pugs and beagles are good senior pets because they are fun, caring, and loyal. They also a little exercise, which could be looked at as a positive because this gives a good excuse for you to get out and exercise, according to A Place For Mom.

One last thing about pets are that they are great icebreakers when you’re trying to meet someone new. Most people are excited to see someone out and about with their animal, and will often want to come up and say hi to you both! It’s a great way to meet new people and have a subject that you know (your pet) to talk about, and a great way to socialize your pet as well to get them used to meeting lots of different people, according to The Odyssey Online.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Why Everyone Should Own a Pet Some Time in Their Life”

1. Madi Ybarra on May 23rd, 2018 5:29 pm

I really liked your article because I also like animals.

2. Analisa on May 24th, 2018 7:59 pm

I enjoyed your article and would like to know more about how beneficial cats are.

3. Bria Elliott on May 31st, 2018 12:02 pm

i agree and think this was a good article

4. Bria Elliott on May 31st, 2018 12:03 pm

this was a good article and i liked it

*