Filed under Features

Children’s World Offering “Joyful, Appropriate, and Meaningful Learning Experiences”

“If something in their head or heart says it is not the right place then don’t do it,” stated Gary Overman, Children’s World Preschool Director in Westminster, during an interview with the Matador Messenger.

Overman has owned the preschool for 29 years. The business which has been in existence for 52 years was converted from his childhood home into a preschool, established by Overman’s mother, Judy Overman.

During the summer, Children’s World sponsors a summer camp for children 6 years old to 12 years old. During camp, children attend field trips to such places as parks and museums on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Swim time is offered on Mondays and Fridays.

Brain development is highest during the first four years of life, according to wehavekids.com. “Through intentional teaching practices, purposefully-designed learning environments, teachers ensure preschoolers have joyful, appropriate, and meaningful learning experiences that lead to success in school and in life,” Overman added.

Children are able to learn at a rapid pace and want and need to learn new information.  Preschool is important because of the needed space it gives you as a parent to work or have time to pursue interests, hobbies, friends and to just have time to yourself as a parent, according to wehavekids.com.

“Programs that help kids have a safe place to read or do homework after school are becoming more prevalent and very helpful to already stressed parents,” Overman added. Overmans’ preschool is a very healthy environment and is lots of FUN!

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Children’s World Offering “Joyful, Appropriate, and Meaningful Learning Experiences””

1. Kelli on February 23rd, 2017 11:51 am

I liked this article. Preschool is an important step in a child’s development, and is fun too!

[Reply]

2. Jayden Gonzalez on February 27th, 2017 2:27 pm

I like how they built the camp from there childhood house.

[Reply]

3. Olivia Yerkes on March 1st, 2017 4:45 pm

That is cool that you gave all of that information about him owning a preschool himself. Good Job!

[Reply]

*

• Children’s World Offering “Joyful, Appropriate, and Meaningful Learning Experiences”

Features

PYLUSD Students “Trip Into Science” With Bottle Rockets and Land Yachts

Features

“Around the World in 20 Days” Students Journey to Discover New Cultures

Features

“Academy Awards” Class Integrates Technology with Social Studies

Features

Humboldt’s Flying Squirrel Declared New Species

Features

World’s Largest Aircraft Takes Flight

Features

Bring Your Own Cup Day Kicks Off Slurpee Season

Features

Wisteria Flower Tunnel in Japan Attracts Visitors from Around the World

Features

Endangered Black Rhino Is Born in the Australian Zoo

Features

Survival 101: Take A Hike But Don’t Get Lost

Features

Is Your Kid’s Lemonade Stand Legal?