Filed under Features

Is the Closing of the Twilight Tower of Terror a Bad Idea?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Is the Closing of the Twilight Tower of Terror a Bad Idea?

thedailymeal.com

thedailymeal.com

thedailymeal.com

Disneyland has just announced the closing of the Twilight Tower of Terror  Monday, January 9th, 2017, according to OC Register.

The Tower will be replaced by, Guardians of the Galaxy– Mission Breakout! ride, scheduled to open in March of 2017. The setting is described as the warehouse belonging to the collector. The line starts as a museum of all the relics from the previous movies.

Not everyone is excited about Disney’s new change.

I don’t like the Guardians ride taking over Tower of Terror for one simple reason: that ride introduced millions of kids to Twilight Zone,” added @Ericvespe on Twitter.

Over the 61 years of Disneyland, they have had plenty of changes. Most of those changes just made the park better.

Here are some of the changes made over the years:

Golden Horseshoe Revue: this was the longest running stage show in theme park history. This show lasted 31 years, until its closing in 1994. Disney tried to bring back a similar version in 2013 but wasn’t a big hit.

PeopleMover: PeopleMover was an attraction that took guests around Tomorrowland. This attraction soon closed down in 1995. They ended up replacing it with a High-Speed Rocket Racers. They soon closed that down due to constant breakdowns. They then tried to recreate the PeopleMover, but it didn’t work.

Big Thunder Ranch: Big Thunder Ranch has been famous for its ferry rides, the petting zoo, and  “Aladdin– A Musical Spectacular.” All this land will be closed down forever to make Star Wars Land bigger.

Disneyland Railroad: The Disneyland Railroad is an attraction that takes you all over Disneyland. This attraction will be closing for at least a year due to the construction of Star Wars Land.

“But still, it has a rabid fan base that freaked out when rumors of its demise began to circulate this summer and were then confirmed last month,” as Rebecca Schuman says in her article.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

32 Responses to “Is the Closing of the Twilight Tower of Terror a Bad Idea?”

1. alex robinson on January 18th, 2017 11:53 am

I think putting in guardians of the galaxy is a bad idea because the tower of terror was a iconic staple in the disney franchise, because the tower of terror was a big hit at disneyland

2. Sai Lim Ho on January 19th, 2017 10:15 am

Hi Ashlynn,
    Thank you for writing this article. This is fun, but the Twilight Tower need to closing.

3. Franciszek Krupa on January 19th, 2017 10:19 am

Thank you for writing this article.
    Your Information tell me about attraction about Disneyland.

4. Rohan Sahay on January 20th, 2017 12:12 pm

Man, I wish Disney would not replace that ride because it was a very good ride. They already have a Guardians of the Galaxy Ride.

5. Meagan Boots on January 20th, 2017 1:05 pm

This article was very well put together and I like how you used real statistics. Good job!

6. Kayla Asmus on January 20th, 2017 1:11 pm

I enjoyed reading your article because I learned when the Tower of Terror was closing and more about Disneyland.

7. Natalie Pronk on January 20th, 2017 1:13 pm

This was a good read. It is a shame that the Tower of Terror will be closing down, but I am excited for what is to come!

8. Carley Austin on January 20th, 2017 1:14 pm

I liked the topic of this article very different but interesting!

9. Kaylee on January 22nd, 2017 3:58 pm

Nice article. Informative and well written. I was surprised that the Tower of Terror will be closing.

10. Riley Pietsch on January 24th, 2017 3:53 pm

I enjoyed reading your article because I learned that one of my favorite rides at disney land is shut down.

11. Kaylee Barkley on January 24th, 2017 4:38 pm

Great article! I like how you gave examples of other changes Disneyland has done.

12. Matthew Yee on January 24th, 2017 5:49 pm

I loved the way the article was written, and it is such a shame the Tower of Terror is closing. It was a very iconic ride and I absolutely loved it, but I am excited for what is yet to come!!

13. Ashlynn Hudak on January 25th, 2017 1:55 pm

I really enjoyed this article. It had lots of great information, and it was written very well. I am very sad that Tower of Terror is closing.

14. Jasmin on January 25th, 2017 4:06 pm

Thank you for sharing this. I really enjoyed learning about the new ride and when it’s coming

15. Dylan Shih on January 25th, 2017 4:40 pm

Good article. Shame Tower Terror closing.

16. Kyle Saba on January 25th, 2017 5:40 pm

I am not that sad that the tower of terror closed because it kind of creped me out.

17. Matthew Nguyen on January 25th, 2017 6:21 pm

After reading your article, I would like to know more about what the new ride has in store and if there are any other new things coming out for Disneyland.

18. Danniel Kim on January 25th, 2017 7:14 pm

I enjoyed reading your article because I learned that Disney really thought that they should replace the Twilight Tower of Terror, instead of any other ride.

19. Ryan Short on January 25th, 2017 7:39 pm

I enjoyed reading your article because I learned that the Tower of terror will be replaced with guardians of the galaxy. I look forward to seeing it open.

20. Julie on January 25th, 2017 7:40 pm

Tower of Terror was the only ride at Disneyland that was worth going on. 🙁

21. William Castillo on January 25th, 2017 8:00 pm

Nice article! I didn’t know the Tower of Terror was being replaced.

22. Savannah Bloom on January 25th, 2017 9:15 pm

At first I heard something about it but I didn’t think it was true until I read this article. At first I heard something about it but I didn’t think it was true until I read this article.

23. Savannah Bloom on January 25th, 2017 9:18 pm

At first I heard something about it but I didn’t think it was true until I read this article. It was actually surprising.

24. Sunny Cheng on January 25th, 2017 9:34 pm

I enjoyed reading this article, because I learned about when Tower of Terror closed.

25. Jayden Pritchett on January 25th, 2017 9:37 pm

This article was laid out very well. I especially enjoyed the bottom part of the article with all of the past changes. I didn’t know that the line for the ride was going to be a museum! Very well written.

26. chris salas on January 30th, 2017 10:27 am

Man what a shame that ride is closing, but this is a very detailed article good job.

27. Jayden Gonzalez on January 30th, 2017 7:00 pm

I was surprised reading your article, because the Tower of Terror was one of the longest lasting ride.

28. Kailie McKinney on January 31st, 2017 12:04 pm

I really enjoyed this article because you stated, not just facts of the Tower of Terror , but other rides as well!
    Tower of Terror was such a classic! I am really going to miss the ride, hopefully the new Guardians of The Galaxy Ride will top it off. Lets hope for the best!

29. Hafsa Nasir on January 31st, 2017 5:30 pm

This article was very nice. It expalined in detail about the closing to the Twilight Tower of Terror and the new ride that is scheduled to open in March. It also listed a numerous amount of rides that were closed over added over the years.

30. Eileaf Quraishi on January 31st, 2017 6:54 pm

I think the Hollywood Tower does not need to be closed or replaced. This article had a lot of information and was put together well.

31. Hailey Abler on February 2nd, 2017 12:08 pm

Great job Ashlynn!!! I am really sad that the Tower of Terror is closing. I never got to go on it but I went on the one at Disney World in Florida and it was really fun. Hope that the Guardians of the Galaxy is a good ride.

32. Marine Barret Legrand on February 27th, 2017 3:09 pm

I think it is a bad Idea because everyone loved it.

• Features

Matador Messenger Publishes “Summer Edition”

• Features

Fortnite Introduces New Season

• Is the Closing of the Twilight Tower of Terror a Bad Idea?

Breaking News

Fox News Political Analyst/columnist Charles Krauthammer Says He Has weeks to Live

• Is the Closing of the Twilight Tower of Terror a Bad Idea?

5 Things Most People Thought Are Recyclable, But Aren’t

• Is the Closing of the Twilight Tower of Terror a Bad Idea?

Blast From The Past: NieR Gestalt

• Is the Closing of the Twilight Tower of Terror a Bad Idea?

FDA Warns People Against Sunscreen Pills

• Is the Closing of the Twilight Tower of Terror a Bad Idea?

Five Secret Rooms to Explore in Famous Places

• Is the Closing of the Twilight Tower of Terror a Bad Idea?

Giant Predatory Worms Invading France

• Is the Closing of the Twilight Tower of Terror a Bad Idea?

NASA Attempting to Create Coldest Spot in Universe in Box

• Is the Closing of the Twilight Tower of Terror a Bad Idea?

Research Shows Synesthesia Affects on 1 in 2000 People

Is the Closing of the Twilight Tower of Terror a Bad Idea?