Filed under Features

Aly Raisman Shuts Down the Bullies Who Made Fun of Her Muscular Arms

Photo courtesy of Aly Raisman's instagram

From fifth through ninth grade, Aly Raisman, U.S Olympic gold medalist was bullied on by boys for having muscular arms. In a recent viral Instagram post (248k likes and counting), Raisman thanked all the bullies for forcing her to love “ her body.”

Raisman is the two-time captain for the U.S women’s Olympic gymnastics team. Raisman has helped her team win gold in the 2016 Rio Olympics for vault, beam, and floor.

“Aly Raisman is a two-time Olympian who has won six Olympic medals as a member of the U.S. women’s gymnastics teams, the “Fierce Five” in 2012 and “Final Five” in 2016,” reported biography.com.

In the caption of her post, is a side-by-side photos of Reebok’s #PerfectNever campaign. This campaign challenges women to embrace their “imperfections”.

My muscular arms that were considered weird and gross when I was younger have made me one of the best gymnasts on the planet,” Raisman wrote.

Raisman ends her post by stating, “Don’t ever let anyone tell you how you should or shouldn’t look. There is no such thing as a perfect body type,” reports Health.com.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

7 Responses to “Aly Raisman Shuts Down the Bullies Who Made Fun of Her Muscular Arms”

1. Riley Pietsch on January 24th, 2017 3:51 pm

I enjoyed reading your article because I learned that even star athletes experience bullying.

2. Karina Di Ponio on January 25th, 2017 11:53 am

I enjoyed reading your article it is very good.

3. Ryan Short on January 25th, 2017 7:56 pm

I enjoyed reading this because I am happy that Aly didn’t let herself get put down by her bullies and how she gave us wonderful advice about ignoring people that want to put us down.

4. Rafe DeBlasio on January 25th, 2017 11:56 pm

I enjoyed reading this article because it taught me that even if you are bullied you can still be successful.

5. Sunny Cheng on February 2nd, 2017 6:39 pm

I enjoyed reading this article because it taught me that you should always be proud about your body even if others try to put you down about it.

6. Ashlee Holmes on February 2nd, 2017 7:32 pm

I was really encouraged by her last statement, “Don’t ever let anyone tell you how you should or shouldn’t look. There is no such thing as a perfect body type.” This tells you nobody’s perfect and you shouldn’t seek others opinions on how “you should and shouldn’t look.”

7. Savannah Bloom on February 3rd, 2017 10:37 pm

Go for her some of the guys that picked on her were probably jealous because she
    was stronger then them.

• Features

Matador Messenger Publishes “Summer Edition”

• Features

Fortnite Introduces New Season

• Aly Raisman Shuts Down the Bullies Who Made Fun of Her Muscular Arms

Breaking News

Fox News Political Analyst/columnist Charles Krauthammer Says He Has weeks to Live

• Aly Raisman Shuts Down the Bullies Who Made Fun of Her Muscular Arms