Filed under Campus Life, Showcase

BYMS Hosts “Paws For Books” Book Fair

Photo Courtesy of

Photo Courtesy of

BYMS is hosting the second book fair of the year with the theme “Paws For Books” starting on Monday, March 12 before school and closing Friday, March 16 after break. It will be open  before school, after school, and during break and lunch on these days.

“We will have some fantastic new books like Invisible Emmie, Salt to the Sea and Restart just name a few.  We will also have the pencils, erasers and other fun stuff,” said the school librarian, Mrs. McCann in an interview with the Matador Messenger.

Parents will be able to stop by the book fair. “For every book you purchase you will receive a bookmark and a raffle ticket to win another books,” stated Mrs.McCann. Parents are welcome any time during the book fair. However, if parents would like to come during school hours they must sign in at the office.

The book fair not only offers students new book titles and accessories to purchase for themselves or as gifts for others, but is also a fundraiser for the library to replace or add new books.

“BYMS Library gets 50% of the sales in book credit to purchase Scholastic Books,” stated Mrs. McCann.

Mrs. McCann stated, “It will also be open during the 6th grade showcase.  We hope everyone will stop by.”