Filed under Campus Life

BYMS Reflection Art Program Competition Offers Something For Everyone

The Reflections Art Program is a great way to express yourself, and a great way to earn a little scholarship money, too!

Photo Courtesy of

Photo Courtesy of

BYMS PTA is sponsoring the Reflections Art Program competition with the theme of “Within Reach”. “There are five different categories. There’s dance, video, painting, and drawing so that all people can enter,” stated Mr. Valburg, Principal of BYMS  in an interview with The Matador Messenger.

National PTA Reflections welcomes all grades and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts,” stated In addition, there are multiple levels of the competition you can move up to. It starts at your school, if you are one of the winners at your school, then you can move up to the district class. If you pass the district competition with your art, it moves to the county, then state, and then nationals.

“If you are one of the very few students that go to nationals, then you can win up to $25,000 in college scholarship” stated Valburg. You can only compete in the nationals if you pass all the other levels. “The Reflections Art Program entries are due to the school library by October 20, 2017” stated Mrs. McCann, Librarian of BYMS, in an interview with the Matador  Messenger.

“We’ve got great artists and people who are creative, and it’s a great way to express themselves,” stated Mr. Valburg.

2 Responses to “BYMS Reflection Art Program Competition Offers Something For Everyone”

1. Nessa Sanchez on October 25th, 2017 5:33 pm

I hope that whoever wins gets to go into the nationals!

2. Madi Ybarra on October 25th, 2017 9:21 pm

This was very interesting. It helped me learn more about reflections.