Man Starts a Fire At a Local Gas Station, Trying To Kill a Spider.

Courtesy+of+Fox+News.

Courtesy of Fox News.

“That’s when he pulled the lighter out of his pocket and lit it and started the fire,” said Susan Adams, an employee at the gas station. Adams was on duty when a man attempted to kill a spider using a lighter at a gas station near Detroit according to CBS news.

“If you have arachnophobia, you will probably go out of your way to ensure that you do not come in to contact with a spider.”  About Health reported..

As soon as he had seen a spider he had tried to light it on fire, setting the whole pump in flames. When Susan Adams had seen the fire she turned the automatic stop button on for the gas. Then she called the fire department but the man extinguished the fire on his own reported Gawker.

The man later stated that he was deathly afraid of arachnids.The security cameras captured the incident but there is no evidence of the spider according to Huffington Post.

“He didn’t have a cigarette. He didn’t have anything on him. So all of a sudden I looked out and I see flames.” Susan Adams told Fox 2 Detroit.

There was no damage to the car and there have been no injuries reported CNET.