First Luxury Space Hotel to Enter Orbit in 2021

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo Courtesy of mnn.com

Photo Courtesy of mnn.com

Photo Courtesy of mnn.com

Tourists will soon be able to book “an out of this world” hotel experience with the Aurora Station, a luxury space hotel sponsored by Orion Span that will enter orbit in 2021 and will be open to guests in 2022, according to geekwire.com

Aurora Station will have an altitude of 200 miles above Earth’s surface in low Earth orbit according to cnn.com. This luxury space hotel is 43.5 feet long and 14.1 feet wide and can accomodate four paying guests and two crew members according to mnn.com.

“Perks include unparalleled views of Earth, participation in possible experiments growing food in zero-gravity, a virtual reality holodeck, and, for all your social media needs, high-speed internet to keep in touch with everyone down below,” according to mnn.com.

Orion Span CEO Frank Bunger stated that Aurora Station is being built in Houston, Texas and will begin construction in early to mid 2019 according to geekwire.com

Before tourists take their trip into space on Aurora Station, they will first complete a three month Orion Span Astronaut Certification Program. The specific details as to how tourists will reach Aurora Station from Earth; it’s likely the crew will get help from Blue origin or SpaceX to complete that part of the final plan, as stated by mnn.com.

But unlike most conventional hotel stays, don’t expect to find competitive prices on Travelocity or Expedia. The price for this experience is steep.  

“ A 12-day stay aboard Aurora Station will set you back $9.5 million, or nearly $800,000 per night. Nonetheless, it’s a step in the right direction from the more than $20-$40 million spent by previous space tourists to the International Space Station,” according to mnn.com.

For all who are interested in visiting the first space hotel they can reserve a spot on Aurora Station today for $80,000, according to mnn.com.

5 Comments

5 Responses to “First Luxury Space Hotel to Enter Orbit in 2021”

1. August on May 2nd, 2018 1:25 pm

This is super good!

2. August on May 2nd, 2018 1:26 pm

This is so good!

3. August on May 2nd, 2018 1:27 pm

This Is Super Good!!

4. Carl on May 7th, 2018 1:10 pm

Amazing!

5. Derek on May 17th, 2018 2:46 pm

Wow, that would be a fun experience!

*