5 Ways to Help Prepare for a Road Trip

Summer is approaching, and you know what that means. Sunburns, popsicles, and road trips. This summer, let Matador Messenger help you plan for any road trip you might have.

1. Plan your route/trip

Anyone who has gone on a road trip before (or has common sense) knows they need to plan where to go. That means planning the quickest route, knowing where to go, and time managing.

1. Plan some meals

Most of the time, road trips last longer than one day. For everyday, you need food. There are three options for that. One, is to eat mainly gas station food (gatorade, premade tuna sandwich slices, etc.) Another option is plainly fast food restaurants you find along your way (McDonalds, Wendy’s, etc.). The last option is packing your own food, from home (PB&J, carrots and ranch, etc.).

1. Define the seating arrangement

The last thing you want to do on the day of a road trip is have to figure out the seating arrangement (Wife get hot flashes easily? Put her in the passenger seat. Jonny can’t get along with Sue? Put the baby in between them).

1. Pack the right time passers

Road trips can get very long. To pass the time, pack a second bag, with just things to do. Things such as your cell phone (and its charger), books, and magazines. Along with those, you might also want to have headphones, and maybe a reading light, for if it gets dark.

1. Book any hotels or rental cars in advance

The last thing you want to do is get the cheapest, worse hotel room there is, because all the fair priced, nicer rooms are taken. Or maybe it’s a car. You have a party of 6, but the only car still in stock is a small hybrid. To avoid both of these, book online, before your trip.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “5 Ways to Help Prepare for a Road Trip”

1. Britton Moore on May 17th, 2018 2:17 pm

This is really helpful!! This is a really good article, I have never seen anything like this before!!

2. Vedansh Chhabra on May 31st, 2018 2:41 pm

After reading your article I learned… more about what I can do to keep myself busy during a road trip

*

5 Ways to Help Prepare for a Road Trip