Hangtime: The First Dive Coaster On The West Coast, Soon To Open At Knott’s Berry Farm

Knott’s Berry Farm has revealed plans to open a new attraction “Hangtime", the first dive coaster on the West Coast, in the summer of 2018.

Photo Courtesy Of themeparkduo.com

Photo Courtesy Of themeparkduo.com

A dive coaster is a steel coaster where riders experience the rush of free-falling with a drop at about a 90- degree angle. Some of the dive coasters in the U.S are “Full Throttle” at Six Flags Magic Mountain, “Wicked Twister” at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, and “Cannibal” at Lagoon in Farmington, Utah, according to USA Today.

The surf-themed coaster includes a 96-degree drop, speeds up to 57 mph on 2,198 feet of the track according to ocregister.com. The ride even includes a section where a track appears missing but really the riders are plummeting down, on what is said to be California’s steepest roller coaster drop. According to the Los Angeles Times, roller coaster fanatics have been waiting for ample amounts of time to reveal a significant roller coaster at Knott’s Berry Farm.

The last extreme roller coaster added to Knott’s Berry Farm was “Silver Bullet” which was announced on December 1, 2003, and was opened on December 7, 2004, according to rcdb.com.

This new ride will be placed on the Knott’s Berry Farm Boardwalk in the summer of 2018. In addition, Hangtime will be placed in the area where Boomerang was located. Unfortunately, Boomerang closed in April after 27 years of service, according to The Los Angeles Times. Just recently, Knott’s Berry Farm started adding thrill rides to appeal to a wider audience.

“We haven’t had any big expansions, though we’ve added family rides in the past few years. We felt it was time to go back and put the thrills back into the park,” stated Jeff Gahagan, Knotts’ Vice President of Maintenance and Construction, as reported by ocregister.com.

10 Comments

10 Responses to “Hangtime: The First Dive Coaster On The West Coast, Soon To Open At Knott’s Berry Farm”

1. Britton Moore on October 23rd, 2017 2:24 pm

This so cool!!!!!!! I cant wait to ride it

2. Vanessa on October 24th, 2017 5:54 pm

After reading your article, I would like to know more about how Hangtime will be designed.

3. Alyssa Fantes on October 26th, 2017 7:36 pm

Can’t wait till this ride opens!!

4. alexia on October 26th, 2017 8:24 pm

I cant wait to go and ride the Roller Coaster!!!

5. Sydney Phethean on October 26th, 2017 8:30 pm

I liked reading your article, I will be sure to go to Knott’s Berry Farm to test out the ride as soon as it opens.

6. Guande XIn on October 27th, 2017 10:17 am

I think it’s sad to close the Boomerang because it has been serving for 27 years.

7. cat/jenna on December 1st, 2017 12:07 pm

this is awsome and hope i can ride. Thanks Sachi Bhanji.

8. Adam Torres on December 4th, 2017 8:18 pm

Honestly,I’m not a big fan of thill rides.But Hangtime sounds insteristling

9. jeffy on February 3rd, 2018 8:34 am

dank

10. audrey on February 5th, 2018 2:08 pm

Great article! Can’t wait to go on this ride! =^.^=

*