Club Penguin Shutting Down March 29th

help.disney.com

After 11 years, Club Penguin is going to shut down, about 150 million people have played Club Penguin, according to Mirror Online.

Club Penguin will be shutting down on Wednesday, March 29. Club Penguin is one of the most popular computer games with about 8.5 million people play Club Penguin per month, according to Metro.co.uk.

“A huge virtual party will kick off February 1st, and run through Club Penguins close.” Club Penguin’s creators are grateful for everyone’s time and enthusiasm since the beginning, according to USA TODAY.

Club Penguin will still be a game, just not on a computer or laptop. Club Penguin will be a mobile game. You will be able to text people while playing on the mobile, according to YouTube.com.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

18 Responses to “Club Penguin Shutting Down March 29th”

1. Alexis Talke on February 16th, 2017 8:43 am

Aww, this is sad.. I think I had my account on there for seven years!! :((

2. Jesse Morgan on February 22nd, 2017 8:49 am

I’m soooooooooo sad for club penguin :((((
    RIP Penguin
    Good article tho

BOI Reply:

BOIIII IM SKID CLUB PENGUIN BRUH FREE MEMBERSHIP YA DATWAY —->>>

3. Kabir Singh on February 22nd, 2017 8:50 am

Great detail, and great information.

4. Bethany Barks on February 27th, 2017 11:23 am

I’ve played club penguin for the entire 11 years it’s been up with full membership. I’m sad to see it go.

5. Natalie Pronk on February 27th, 2017 1:20 pm

Good job on the article! It is a shame that it is shutting down,I remember I was an avid member for a long time, haha. It will be missed!

6. Jayden Pritchett on February 27th, 2017 1:33 pm

Very good article. Why is it shutting down though?

7. David Sanchez on February 27th, 2017 1:38 pm

I was surprised to learn from your article that Club Penguin is finally shutting down after 11 years of being up and running.

8. Hafsa Nasir on February 27th, 2017 2:21 pm

After reading your article, I would like to know more about the statistics of the Club Penguin Game. I was surprised that millions of people play this game and love it. Great article…

9. Marine Barret Legrand on February 27th, 2017 2:59 pm

It brings so many good memories when I thig about the time I was playing this game.

Hannah Petinak Reply:

Same here! I loved playing on Club Penguin when I was younger and I really wish they wouldn’t shut it down. But maybe it was because of hacking on websites like penguin lodge. I hear that was a really big problem.

Alexis Talke Reply:

i used to use penguin lodge bahahah

10. Alexis Campos on March 2nd, 2017 5:03 pm

I was surprised to learn from reading your article that club penguin is shutting down after 11 years.

11. Karina Di Ponio on March 2nd, 2017 8:09 pm

This article was very interesting and nice to read.

12. Anon on March 3rd, 2017 1:59 am

I’m glad that Club Penguin isn’t fully discontinued though! Had an account on there for five years with my sisters still playing on it.

13. Krissy Kuwahara on March 3rd, 2017 7:54 am

Great Article, I can’t believe it’s shutting down.

14. Ashley Spake on March 3rd, 2017 10:13 pm

It is very interesting to learn that such a popular website will be shutting down, I wonder for what reason.

15. Mickey Mouse on May 31st, 2017 12:08 pm

Aww. That is so sad I remember it back in the 1st grade. Now I am in 9th . Wow it was so long ago I wish the kept the game going so younger kids will have the same experience I did.

• Club Penguin Shutting Down March 29th

Arts and Entertainment

Wilson Conducts Summer Enrichment Musicians with “Structure and Humor”

• Club Penguin Shutting Down March 29th

Arts and Entertainment

Chuck Berry, Rock Star Legend, Dies At 90

• Arts and Entertainment

Cheap But Chic: Fun Summer Treats

• Club Penguin Shutting Down March 29th

Arts and Entertainment

“Orange is the New Black” is also the Color of Success for Alumni, Heather Jeng Bladt

• Club Penguin Shutting Down March 29th

Arts and Entertainment

“The Simpsons” Celebrate 30 Year Broadcast Anniversary

• Club Penguin Shutting Down March 29th

Arts and Entertainment

Bomb Explodes at an Ariana Grande Concert in England

• Club Penguin Shutting Down March 29th

Arts and Entertainment

NBA 2K18 to be Released on September 19, 2017

• Club Penguin Shutting Down March 29th

Arts and Entertainment

Once Upon a Time Star Jennifer Morrison Is Leaving ‘Once Upon a Time’

• Arts and Entertainment