Social Media Star, Jacob Sartorious

restonnow.com

“I was bullied in the seventh grade, and that is when I decided to post a photo on Instagram of an anti bullying. After that post, I had about five thousand followers. I started posting daily and between six or seven months I hit 500,000 followers,” stated Jacob Sartorius, 14 year old eighth grader living in Virginia.

Jacob has over 5 million followers on Instagram and more than 11 million fans on musical.ly through his lip sync videos of popular songs and gags. He also has over 900,000 followers on Vine and can be seen on Twitter too, according to the websites.

Jacob released his first single “Sweatshirt” on May 3, 2016, which has 3,313,446 downloads on iTunes, and was followed by “Hit or Miss” came out on July 25, 2016, with 21,826,854 downloads on iTunes. He recently released his third single “All My Friends” came out October 2, 2016, Jacob Sartorius’s 14th birthday which has 2,293,805 downloads on iTunes.

Jacob, whose birth name is Rolf Jacob Sartorius, was born in Oklahoma, and adopted and raised in Virginia. Rolf is also the name passed down by his grandfather and father. His social media is managed by his mother, who has appeared in some Vine videos. Rolf has an older sister, Caroline (17), who is attending Wake Forest University in North Carolina.

He stated, “Be yourself and don’t let anyone change you or your style.” He was bullied at school about his looks. He wanted to get the message out that everyone is beautiful.

Rolf also will be performing at City National Grove of  Anaheim, November 3rd, at the House of Blues in San Diego on November 4th and at the Troubadour in West Hollywood on November 6th.

13 Comments

13 Responses to “Social Media Star, Jacob Sartorious”

1. Someone on October 20th, 2016 5:13 pm

jacob sartorius is so cool

2. Alex Robinson on November 3rd, 2016 12:05 pm

Jacob Sartorius is Bae!!

3. mason on November 3rd, 2016 12:06 pm

Jacob sartorius is bae 😉

4. mason on November 3rd, 2016 12:07 pm

I love him 😉

5. mason on November 3rd, 2016 12:08 pm

All my fiends will be lit

6. mason on November 4th, 2016 12:02 pm

I enjoyed reading this article because i learned that Jacob sartorious was bullied in school

7. Alex Robinson on November 4th, 2016 12:04 pm

You Can Wear My SWEATSHIRT And You Can Tell Your Friends We’ll Be Together Til’ The End Girl!!!!

8. Alex Robinson on November 4th, 2016 12:06 pm

I liked this article because I learned that even famous people where bullied.

9. Jaiden Kelly on November 8th, 2016 11:13 am

I liked this article because it shows that even if you’re famous you can still go through things.

10. Dylan Shih on November 9th, 2016 1:37 pm

I loved this article. OMG YOU CAN WEAR MY SWEATSHIRRRRT
    ^insert voicecrack
    But seriously loved the article and this guy is an inspiration cuz he was bullied.

11. Carley Austin on November 9th, 2016 9:48 pm

I really thought it was interesting knowing that Jacob Sartorius was once bullied. This article was very well written.

12. Ashley Spake on November 10th, 2016 8:22 am

So proud of Jacob for overcoming the bullying and becoming such a famous name.

13. Lord DOnkey on June 9th, 2018 11:00 am

All he did was post a photo and lip sync then got richer than everybody even Steve jobs and got rich off of no talent

*

Social Media Star, Jacob Sartorious