Kickstarter of the Week: PIXIO- A Magnetic Construction Set In The Pixel Art Style

kickstarter.com

kickstarter.com

Do you ever feel that you are getting bored of legos or regular construction sets? Now you can use PIXIO, a magnetic construction set in which each cubic block can be attached to either side of another block in the pixel art style.

PIXIO is currently on Kickstarter and its campaign ends on May 11th. Their current goal is to raise $75,000 and they have raised $128,944.

“Our team loves construction sets, the charm of retro games and pixel art. We thought, if the pixels were real and you could create something gorgeous from them in a digital environment, it would be the most versatile and ideal construction set imaginable,” stated Alex Gerasimov, creator and inventor in an interview with the Matador Messenger.

“ When we asked ourselves what would be an ideal construction set, we imagined the blocks that could be connected without limitation and could function separately, but they could also be easily disconnected if desired. For this purpose, we chose the ideal shape—a cube, like a pixel in the digital world. At the same time, this is the most fundamental form and absolutely symmetrical three-dimensional object with an equal number of faces.”

“It is perfect both mathematically and aesthetically. That’s how PIXIO was created. It is a construction set with small colored blocks that can be attached to each other by built-in magnets. We think we have produced the easiest construction set in the world, with great potential for creativity,” stated Gerasimov.

kickstarter.com

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Kickstarter of the Week: PIXIO- A Magnetic Construction Set In The Pixel Art Style”

1. Ryen Hernandez on May 30th, 2017 12:12 pm

Great article!! I was surprised to learn that they have raised $53,000 more than their goal.

[Reply]

2. Mckenna on June 7th, 2017 9:41 am

Wow this is amazing this would create more toys for kids

[Reply]

*

• Kickstarter of the Week: PIXIO- A Magnetic Construction Set In The Pixel Art Style

Showcase

TStreet Volleyball Team Player, Elyse Stowell: “We encourage each other to be better people and players”

Campus Life

Esperanza High School’s Cross Country Team Looking for New Teammates

Campus Life

Art Student Of The Week: Jasmine Pham

Showcase

“Orange is the New Black” is also the Color of Success for Alumni, Heather Jeng Bladt

Features

Wisteria Flower Tunnel in Japan Attracts Visitors from Around the World

Science and Technology

Heartfelt Organization Sponsors Heart Screenings at Esperanza and El Dorado High Schools

Showcase

BYMS Band Director, Rita Watson, to Retire at the End of June

Showcase

BYMS Winter Guard Wins First Place in Championships

Campus Life

Join the Matador Messenger!

Campus Life

BYMS Elects New Officers for 2017-2018 School Year