Kickstarter of the Week: PIXIO- A Magnetic Construction Set In The Pixel Art Style

kickstarter.com

kickstarter.com

Do you ever feel that you are getting bored of legos or regular construction sets? Now you can use PIXIO, a magnetic construction set in which each cubic block can be attached to either side of another block in the pixel art style.

PIXIO is currently on Kickstarter and its campaign ends on May 11th. Their current goal is to raise $75,000 and they have raised $128,944.

“Our team loves construction sets, the charm of retro games and pixel art. We thought, if the pixels were real and you could create something gorgeous from them in a digital environment, it would be the most versatile and ideal construction set imaginable,” stated Alex Gerasimov, creator and inventor in an interview with the Matador Messenger.

“ When we asked ourselves what would be an ideal construction set, we imagined the blocks that could be connected without limitation and could function separately, but they could also be easily disconnected if desired. For this purpose, we chose the ideal shape—a cube, like a pixel in the digital world. At the same time, this is the most fundamental form and absolutely symmetrical three-dimensional object with an equal number of faces.”

“It is perfect both mathematically and aesthetically. That’s how PIXIO was created. It is a construction set with small colored blocks that can be attached to each other by built-in magnets. We think we have produced the easiest construction set in the world, with great potential for creativity,” stated Gerasimov.

kickstarter.com