Filed under News, Video Articles

Mysterious Ice Monster Causes Confusion in Alaska

Courtesy+of+http%3A%2F%2Fkut.org%2Fpost%2Falaskan-ice-monster-sparks-imaginations-online
Courtesy of http://kut.org/post/alaskan-ice-monster-sparks-imaginations-online

Courtesy of http://kut.org/post/alaskan-ice-monster-sparks-imaginations-online

Courtesy of http://kut.org/post/alaskan-ice-monster-sparks-imaginations-online

Two employees at the Alaska Bureau of Land Management were checking the temperature of the Chena River in Fairbanks, Alaska when they saw an ominous creature floating in the water. (cbsnews.com) The creature’s exterior was covered in ice, causing much controversy on what the “ice monster” actually is. (washingtonpost.com)

The “ice monster” was spotted on October 26th, 2016, and caused havoc, confusion, and a lot of controversy on the internet. Since posted one week ago, the footage from the security cameras was viewed over 380,000 times and shared almost 4,000 times. (cbsnews.com)

One person says “It is covered in ice, so it is NOT a fish . It is likely a chunk of moose hide, or other debris caught up on something and waving in the current.” (cbsnews.com) Others think that it’s just a dead moose hide or some debris that got caught up in the current of the river. Another theory that some people believe is that the “ice monster” is actually the Loch Ness Monster, which is a creature from an old folktale that originated in Scotland. (washingtonpost.com)

The case has not been solved yet, and may not be solved which adds even more mystery, thrill, and controversy to the situation. People on the internet will continue to think about and come up with things that the “ice monster” could actually be. Officials at the Alaska Bureau of Land Management say “Like you all, we honestly don’t know exactly what it is, but all the guesses are great!”

28 Responses to “Mysterious Ice Monster Causes Confusion in Alaska”

1. Kaylee Worrell on November 4th, 2016 1:25 pm

I really enjoyed this article! I would like to know more about this “ice monster” once the case is solved.

2. Anthony Trapolino on November 4th, 2016 2:09 pm

I enjoyed your article because it was interesting to hear what others think this monster is and I just found out about this. Thanks!

3. Cindy Wang on November 4th, 2016 2:24 pm

I enjoy reading your article because it give me something think about, I like how you write in a way that keep the reader interested.

4. Jonathan Hanson on November 5th, 2016 12:30 pm

The lake monster i think is real because i think anything is real.

5. Evan Sun on November 7th, 2016 4:39 pm

This is a great article and I think it was great that you guys wrote about something that will keep your readers interested to read more about in the future. Great work!

6. Connor Vedder on November 7th, 2016 6:00 pm

I really enjoyed your Article because I learned that that there is a controversy of a possible ice monster in Alaska.

7. William Castillo on November 8th, 2016 11:17 am

I really liked your article because I like to learn about what can be lurking in the ocean

8. Ryen Hernandez on November 8th, 2016 12:15 pm

I enjoyed reading your article. I liked how you included what others think about this.

9. Hafsa Nasir on November 8th, 2016 4:26 pm

I really like the way that hey use different sources to help their point get through. Also, it was really admirable of how they ended the news in a suspenseful and made the reader think, “What is that?”

10. Hafsa Nasir on November 8th, 2016 5:08 pm

I really like the way that they use different sources to help their point get through. Also, it was really admirable of how they ended the news in a suspenseful way and made the reader think, “What is that?”

11. Ray Wang on November 8th, 2016 8:43 pm

Cool. Ice Monster eh??? I would like to know more about this “Ice Monster” or whatever you like to call.

12. brandon flick on November 9th, 2016 9:03 am

i think the monster is an aligator with snow on it

Unknown Reply:

that thing is too big to be an alligator

13. Kaietan on November 9th, 2016 2:20 pm

I thought this article and video were very interesting. I would like to know more about the loch ness monster and how it is related to this

14. Kaietan on November 9th, 2016 2:21 pm

I thought this was a great aricle and video, but i would like to know more about the loch ness monster

15. Olivia Yerkes on November 9th, 2016 4:48 pm

I really liked this article. It made me wonder all about what this could be and why it’s there. The way they used different sources also because it helped to further explain what they were trying to prove to you.

16. Olivia Yerkes on November 9th, 2016 4:51 pm

I really liked this article. It made me wonder all about what this could be and why it’s there. The way you used different sources also because it helped to further explain what you were trying to prove to the readers.

17. Noah Finn on November 9th, 2016 5:27 pm

I think the “Ice Monster” is just debris.

18. Riley Pietsch on November 9th, 2016 5:54 pm

I enjoyed reading your article because it was very interesting. I’m not sure what the “ice monster” is, but it is very odd.

19. Angela Booth on November 9th, 2016 5:57 pm

This article was very well-worded and I would love to see more excellent work from you two.

20. Ryan Short on November 9th, 2016 8:11 pm

I enjoyed reading this article because I now Know that there is something mysterious and new out there in world and would be cool if we knew what it really was and we could learn from it.

21. Kai Nihira on November 9th, 2016 8:15 pm

I enjoyed reading this article because I learned about what everyone can think about a “monster” or some debris.

22. Camila Gonzalez on November 9th, 2016 9:09 pm

I enjoy reading your article because it is a interesting topic to talk about and it keeps the reader interested.

23. Darius Reed on November 9th, 2016 9:39 pm

This was a very cool and interesting article and it really kept me intrigued the whole time reading. Good job guys!

24. Rafe DeBlasio on November 10th, 2016 6:46 am

I enjoyed reading your article because it was interesting and I learned about the Ice Monster.

25. Sophia Lopez on November 10th, 2016 7:28 am

After I read through your article I wanted to learn more about this “ice monster”

26. Olivia Steward on November 10th, 2016 9:18 am

I was surprised to learn from from reading your article that they still have not figured out what this mysterious monster is because you would have thought that they would have tried to un-cover this object. Great article with great details!

27. Kabir Singh on November 16th, 2016 5:33 pm

I think it’s a submarine in the water with snow

• Mysterious Ice Monster Causes Confusion in Alaska

Wisteria Flower Tunnel in Japan Attracts Visitors from Around the World

• Mysterious Ice Monster Causes Confusion in Alaska

Science and Technology

Heartfelt Organization Sponsors Heart Screenings at Esperanza and El Dorado High Schools

• Mysterious Ice Monster Causes Confusion in Alaska

Showcase

BYMS Wind Ensemble and Advanced Orchestra Perform at USS Midway

• Mysterious Ice Monster Causes Confusion in Alaska

Showcase

BYMS Band Director, Rita Watson, to Retire at the End of June

• Mysterious Ice Monster Causes Confusion in Alaska

Showcase

BYMS Winter Guard Wins First Place in Championships

• Mysterious Ice Monster Causes Confusion in Alaska

Join the Matador Messenger!

• Mysterious Ice Monster Causes Confusion in Alaska

BYMS Elects New Officers for 2017-2018 School Year

• Mysterious Ice Monster Causes Confusion in Alaska

Showcase

BYMS Advanced Drama Performs Hairspray Jr.

• Mysterious Ice Monster Causes Confusion in Alaska