Filed under Features

Bring Your Own Cup Day Kicks Off Slurpee Season

Photo Courtesy of http://www.kiss959.com/2015/03/20/bring-your-own-cup-day-at-7-eleven/

Yes, it is that time of year again; welcome to Slurpee Season! 7-11 is allowing you to bring your own cup, which must fit certain requirements, and fill it with Slurpee for only $1.50 on Bring Your Own Cup Day, which takes place Friday, May 19th and Saturday, May 20th, stated abcactionnews.

However, before you take off with your whole mini fridge, the cup must fit certain requirements, according to fox61.com. It must:

• Fit upright through a 10” diameter hole
  • Be food safe and clean
  • Be watertight
  • One cup per person per day

This year, 7-Eleven is getting into the BYOC game with its own colossal collectible cup, shaped like a blender and refillable. Thirsty customers who show up without an oversized cup can purchase the 50-ounce blender cup for $5.99. The new Ultimate Slurp Straw is more than twice as big as a regular straw, reported ksat.com.

So far, 7-11 has sold 6.5 billion Slurpees total, stated huffingtonpost.com. Every year, they sell enough Slurpees to fill up 12 Olympic sized swimming pools!

13 Responses to “Bring Your Own Cup Day Kicks Off Slurpee Season”

1. Hannah Arritt on May 25th, 2017 12:13 pm

This article is very interesting and cool because you get to bring your own cup for one dollar and fifty cents!

2. Carter Topel on May 25th, 2017 2:32 pm

Wow! That’s a lot of Slurpees great article!

3. Anon on May 25th, 2017 2:52 pm

I really enjoyed reading your article! I wish I could’ve gone to 7-11 around that time!

4. Rohan on May 26th, 2017 9:34 am

I enjoyed this article and I really wish that you could still bring your own cup to put your slurpee in.

5. cody brown on May 26th, 2017 9:38 am

I brought my own cup and they made me pay extra because it didn’t fit in the requirements. I am going to do it every year because it is a great way to have a big slurpy for a little price.

6. connor on May 26th, 2017 2:33 pm

I thought the picture was funny and the article was very interesting.

7. Mathew Tang on May 29th, 2017 12:26 pm

Nice Article Daniel. I wonder if 7/11 would actually lose profit from all the people bringing massive cups for only $1.50

8. Hailey Abler on May 30th, 2017 12:01 pm

Great Job on the article! I wish I could have gone to 7-11 on the days they had is going on.

9. RIley Pietsch on May 30th, 2017 1:06 pm

I enjoyed reading your article because I learned that there were requirements for the cup you wanted to bring.

10. matt kim on May 30th, 2017 1:31 pm

I wanted to come but I was too late 🙁

11. Tori on June 7th, 2017 9:46 am

Great article!

12. Meagan Boots on June 7th, 2017 11:49 am

I enjoyed this article because I learned exactly what this was and why it is so popular. Good job!

13. Alexis Herrmann on June 8th, 2017 10:54 pm

I enjoyed reading your article because I learned about this awesome deal and I can go next year!

• Bring Your Own Cup Day Kicks Off Slurpee Season

Showcase

TStreet Volleyball Team Player, Elyse Stowell: “We encourage each other to be better people and players”

• Bring Your Own Cup Day Kicks Off Slurpee Season

Esperanza High School’s Cross Country Team Looking for New Teammates

• Bring Your Own Cup Day Kicks Off Slurpee Season

Art Student Of The Week: Jasmine Pham

• Bring Your Own Cup Day Kicks Off Slurpee Season

Showcase

“Orange is the New Black” is also the Color of Success for Alumni, Heather Jeng Bladt

• Bring Your Own Cup Day Kicks Off Slurpee Season

Wisteria Flower Tunnel in Japan Attracts Visitors from Around the World

• Bring Your Own Cup Day Kicks Off Slurpee Season

Science and Technology

Heartfelt Organization Sponsors Heart Screenings at Esperanza and El Dorado High Schools

• Bring Your Own Cup Day Kicks Off Slurpee Season

Showcase

BYMS Band Director, Rita Watson, to Retire at the End of June

• Bring Your Own Cup Day Kicks Off Slurpee Season

Showcase

BYMS Winter Guard Wins First Place in Championships

• Bring Your Own Cup Day Kicks Off Slurpee Season

Join the Matador Messenger!

• Bring Your Own Cup Day Kicks Off Slurpee Season